What data do we collect?
On revise.wales , we use Google Analytics.
Google does collect IP Addresses but it does not provide that data to anyone due to privacy concerns and any collection of it is in violation of Google Analytics' Terms of Service.
How do we collect your data?
Google Analytics automatically collects this data as soon as you load into the page.
How will we use your data?
We will use this data appropriately, just to track growth of our audience and identify which platform most of our users are on, to see which webformats we can prioritise.
How do we store your data?
Data is stored in Google Analytics servers, user-level and event-level data stored by Google Analytics is automatically deleted from the servers after 26 months.
How do we address your data protection rights?
- We have informed you about how your data is being used.
- We do not collect any personal data.
- Your data is erased by Google after 26 months.
- We allow users to not get their data tracked with the suggestion of disabling the collection of cookies on their browser or using the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on (only available users on for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.).
- We allow you to object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances by contacting us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's device. They are designed to hold data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer.
What types of cookies do we use?
The use of Google Analytics results in the following types of cookies to be collected:
- _ga cookies - This is used for Visitor Identification.
- _gid cookies - This tracks user behavoir, such as how long they are active on the webpage.
- _gat cookies - This cookie is used for throttling requests to Google Analytics to increase the efficiency of network calls.
- 1P_JAR cookies - This is a Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes
- DSID cookies - This cookie is set to note your specific user identity. It contains a hashed/encrypted unique ID.
- IDE cookies - This is a Google advertising cookie used for user tracking and ad targeting purposes
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. This shouldn't result in any function limitations on this website.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us